Scholarships and tuition fees
IT students can apply for various specialization stipends, additionally there are also a number of other scholarships provided by partners and the University of Tartu foundation.
List of scholarships:
- 160€/month - European Social Fund Scholarship (BSc and MSc)
- 300/month - IT Academy specialization stipend (BSc and MSc)
- 400€/month - Ministry of Foreign Affairs scholarship for applicants of Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Moldova, Belarus, Azerbaijan and Afghanistan (MSc)
- 500€/month - Cybernetica Fellowship (MSc)
- 500€/month - Industrial Master's students scholarship (MSc)
- 2000€ - ITL Ustus Agur Scholarship (PhD)
All Estonian-taught degree programmes are free of charge for full-time students. You have to start paying the tuition fee only if you fail to meet the nominal study load requirement.
- A full-time student is supposed to obtain 30 ECTS per semester and 60 ECTS per academic year.
- The payment threshold is 6 ECTS: if you complete 24 ECTS by the end of semester, you do not have to pay yet. However, you need to receive 54 ECTS by the end of the second semester: credit points are calculated cumulatively per semester. For the credit point price, see prices for 2018/2019 admission.
Studies are not for free if student has studied tuition-free on a bachelor’s level in Estonia for more than 1.5 years, and less than 9 years has passed from the beginning of previous studies.
|Semester fee in euros||Credit point price in euros|
|Conversion Master in IT||0**||0**|
|Teacher of Mathematics and Informatics||0**||0**|
**Full-time studies are free of charge. You have to start paying the tuition fee only if you fail to meet the nominal study load requirement. Studies are not for free if student has studied tuition-free on master’s level (or integrated studies level) in Estonia for more than 1 year (2-3 years in integrated studies), and less than 6 years (10-12 years in integrated studies) has passed from the beginning of previous studies.