All Computer Science PhD students are guaranteed a net income of 1060 euros per month.
The UT Institute of Computer Science guarantees a monthly salary of 1 000 euros to every PhD student. In turn, the student might be expected to perform certain assignments and the conditions will be reviewed on a case-by-case principle.
PhD attestation information
- The attestation meeting consists of an individual interview with the PhD student and supervisor's assessment of the student's performance (in total approximately 15-20 min).
- PhDs students are attested at the end of every academic year. Attestation will not take place during the academic leave.
- PhD students must enter the attestation review and individual study plan for the next academic year into the Study Information System one week before the attestation meeting.
- PhD students and supervisors are required to participate in the attestation meeting. In the case of a reasonable excuse (e.g. participation at a conference), the PhD student and/or supervisors may be granted permission not to participate in the attestation meeting.
- If the supervisor cannot participate at the attestation meeting, he/she should submit his/her assessment in written form one day before the attestation meeting to the head of the attestation committee assistant professor Vitaly Skachek (vitaly.skachek [ät] ut.ee).
- Evaluation arrangements of PhD students in the field of Science and Technology
- PhD attestation committee and dates in 2017/2018 academic year
Applying for a Doctorate at the Institute of Computer Science
The process takes around 3 months (not counting the pre-reviewing):
- Decisions by the Institute Council and the Academic Secretary.
- Seminar presentation.
- Agreement with the publisher at least 7 weeks before the defence.
- The dissertation must be public at least one month before the defence.