First year students* of the Institute of Computer Science can apply to use laptops provided by the IT Academy. Conditions for the free use of laptops
Second and third year students have to write to ati.comp [ät] ut.ee
HP Elitebook 840 G6: 14" FHD IPS; i5-8650U; 16 GB DDR4 2666; 521 GB PCIe NVMe SSD; ID-kaardi lugeja; Intel ac + BT5.0; Backlit SWE/FI klaviatuur; kott; 3a warrenty (RH222165)
*First year Bachelor's students have priority over laptops. However, if there are any left that academic year, Master's students can apply as well.
Lending laptops to students from other disciplines
For students who participate in at least 6 ECTS worth of subjects in ICS it is possible to borrow a computer from the Delta library (Narva mnt 18) if there are any spare ones left. The Institute favours lending laptops to students from other institutes that minor in informatics. Preferred are students who take and have taken subjects for more credit points during current and previous semesters. Full time students are institute's first priority. Computers have to be returned after subjects taken from the institute are completed.
This lending opportunity is a privilege. In exceptional cases the Institute exercises the right to call back a computer with two weeks notice and without further explanation. The need might arise from presenting false information, dropping out of a course or some other unforeseen reason.
Students from other disciplines can lend computers from the library in Narva mnt 18 by sending the description of subjects taken in ICS during previous and current semester to librarian liina.jurimaa [ät] ut.ee.
- Windows 10 Enterprise (ver. 1703)
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
In the C:\INSTALL folder there are important software references for starting students, like:
- A Ninite installation package with selected software
- A link to the OpenVPN software installation manual
- A link to the Ninite software installation page (for the user to choose its own software)
Since students are financially liable for the laptops maintenance, we are offering an Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) warranty in addition to regular warranty. It helps to cover for situations where the user has unintentionally damaged the computer. Previous experience shows that repairs without ADP cost around 200-1000 euros.
- Physical damages to the screen and case
- Broken keyboard
- Water damage
- It is FORBIDDEN to install or keep illegally obtained software on IT Academy laptops!
- If the institute insists, the user is obliged to grant access to check the computer!
- Removing or covering the IT Academy and institute stickers is FORBIDDEN!
- Do not use the computer of soft surfaces such as on your bed.
- Handle the adapter cord with care.
- It is advisable to password protect your computer.
- It is advisable to back up your data. You can use our school's "Dropbox" which is called Owncloud (owncloud.ut.ee - login with your UT user)
- Giving your computer to another user is FORBIDDEN!
- Keep an eye on your computer in public spaces. If it is stolen, you are obliged to report it to the police (and bring a copy of the report to the institute).
In case of any problems with the computer, come to Narva mnt 18 room 2051or write to us via ati.comp [ät] ut.ee.