Industrial Master's Programme in IT
Industrial Master’s Programme in IT info session recording recording
Industrial Master’s Programme in IT is a study format for the first year Master's students in Software Engineering, Computer Science and Data Science (Master's programme in Estonian only) curricula in the Institute of Computer Science, where 50% of the student's studies will take place at a partner company. Students and companies will be matched for the programme based on mutual interests and research directions of both the student and the company.
You will collaborate with a partner company during a period of 17 months (3 semesters) for an internship, practical course assignments, and a Master’s thesis while performing tasks that are relevant both to the company and the academic curriculum.
The Industrial Master’s Programme in IT also encourages networking between companies and students through regular workshops, where participants exchange experience and ideas that support innovation.
Why should I join the programme?
- 50% of the studies will take place at a partner company - you will be spending approximately 20h per week at the company instead of university.You will write your Master Thesis in a research field that is in interest of yours and in compliance with the company's business directions.
- You will get an opportunity to apply the latest academic knowledge and ideas into the company’s business development.
- The experience will give you an advantage in the job market - by the end of the programme you have become a specialist who has contributed in-depth to the company's activities.
- By joining the programme you will become a member of the Industrial Masters’ community. With other members you will be supported by the university and the company, sharing the challenges as well as the moments of joy along the way.
- Participating in the programme will significantly contribute to the creation and expansion of your network - you will learn a lot about the Estonian business landscape and the people who create it. We will teach you everything we know.
- While in the programme you will receive a monthly scholarship. The scholarship can not be used at the same time with other stipends (excluding the Estonian needs-based study allowance and travel stipends).
- Size of the scholarship:
- 660€/per month, February 2021 - August 2021
- 750€/per month, September 2021 - January 2022
- 900€/per month, February 2022- June 2022
What are we looking in students?
- Willingness to apply theoretical knowledge to solve real-life challenges.
- Interest in independent and teamwork.
- Readiness for long-term cooperation with one partner company.
- Ability to relate the research topic of your Master's thesis to the company's activities.
- Desire to develop yourself consciously.
- Active participation in joint seminars which are specially designed for Industrial Master's Programme in IT students (3 ECTS in 17 months).
|I Autumn Semester||
|II Spring Semester||
|III Autumn Semester||
|IV Spring Semester||
Laura Ruusmann, Industrial Master’s Programme in IT student at STACC:
I joined the Industrial Master's Programme in IT because it seemed like a good opportunity to get professional work experience. Many students who go to work might not finish the university and the program seemed like a place to get work experience while still actively pursuing my studies. During the program, I have learned a lot about how to use my professional knowledge to create software solutions. In addition, I have gained experience interacting with clients who want to incorporate machine learning models into their applications. I have been able to apply my knowledge in solving real-life problems, which has been a good alternative to my very academic teaching so far.
Partner Relations Specialist
e-mail: anastasiia.shevchenko [ät] ut.ee
tel: (+372) 737 6415