4 key reasons to work at the Institute of Computer Science
- Rapidly evolving organization – You will be joining a rapidly growing department with an ambitious strategic agenda.
- International and welcoming community – You will broaden your horizon and work with colleagues from all corners of the world. Over 30% of academic staff and over 30% of graduate students are international.
- Excellent work environment at the heart of Tartu – You will be working at Delta Centre – the newest and most modern facility, located on the riverside of Emajõgi.
- Best university in the region – You will be working at the best research universities in New Europe (13 nations that joined EU since 2004), placed among world top 250 universities in Computer Science according to Times Higher Education Rankings 2018.
Find all current UniTartuCS openings here.
Academic job vacancies at University of Tartu Institute of Computer Science
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Duties and responsibilities
- Teaching and coordinating MSc level courses in the area of specialization.
- Conducting research in the field of information systems.
- Publishing internationally, including in peer-reviewed journals.
- Implementing and supervising R&D projects.
- Supervising MSc and PhD students.
- Performing at least one managerial task at the university is recommended.
- Participation in activities related to the promotion and implementation of the specialisation at the international level.
See also job description.
- PhD or an equivalent qualification. See also requirements for teaching and research staff.
- A research profile relevant to the area of the position.
- Strong international publication record.
- Experience in implementing or leading research projects.
- Significant teaching experience at the university level.
- Successful supervision of MSc and PhD students.
Required language skills
Excellent command of the English language is required; the teaching associated with the position will be conducted in English. Estonian is recommended but not required.
Starting at 01.08.2020
Salary Remuneration based on UT salary rules, depending on candidates' qualifications and experience. See also UT salary rules.
Additional info: Prof Marlon Dumas, marlon.dumas [ät] ut.ee.