If you are interested in the Industrial Master's Programme in IT, then contact us using the following form or write to anastasiia.shevchenko [ät] ut.ee.
Industrial Master's Programme in IT
We are looking for new partners to join the Industrial Master's Programme in IT!
Industrial Master’s Programme in IT is a study format for the students in Software Engineering and Computer Science curricula in the Institute of Computer Science, where 50% of the student's studies will take place at a partner company. The programme allows partner companies to attract a highly motivated student from the University of Tartu who has been selected through several competition rounds.
Students and companies will be matched for the programme based on mutual interests and research directions. The student’s academic curriculum will be tailored to fit the research interests of the company and the student. The company has the opportunity to be involved in the programme by guiding the student to select courses that support the development of both his/her professional and transferable skills.
Companies who have already joined the programme:
Your company is a right fit if your business is in the field of IT or your company/institution is facing challenges in digitalisation. Participation in the programme obliges a company to assign a mentor to the student whose mentoring skills define the success of the collaboration between the company and the student in a significant way. The programme ends with a successfully defended Master's Thesis supervised by a faculty member at the Institute of Computer Science.
The Industrial Master’s Programme in IT also encourages networking between companies and students through regular workshops, where participants exchange experience and ideas that support innovation.
Why should your company join the programme?
- You will be involved in a long-term collaboration with a highly motivated student who is interested in combining academic learning with the practical output and who knowingly develops their professional and transferable skills
- The Institute has carefully selected the students participating in the programme
- An industrial master’s student contributes to the development of the company by applying the latest academic knowledge and ideas and uses the acquired experience to write a Master’s Thesis based on the company’s needs
- By the end of the programme, you have trained a specialist who meets the company's needs and expectations and has contributed to the company's activities
- The institute contributes to the marketing of our partner companies as a future employer by presenting them in our media channels
- The Industrial Master’s programme in IT forms a close community of students and alumni who thanks to the program have a better understanding of Estonian business landscape
What do we expect from a partner company participating in the programme?
- A mentor from the company who will be in direct contact with the student, providing necessary support and guidance in general as well as on the matter of choosing a topic for a Master's Thesis
- Readiness to provide a student with practical tasks and a thesis topic in a field related to the student's specialty (Informatics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Business Process Management, Natural Language Process, Distributed Systems, Enterprise Software Engineering, Embedded Real-Time Software Engineering, etc.)
- Readiness to work with international students
- Valuing of a science-based approach and readiness to cooperate with the University of Tartu
Marko Nõu, Engineering Manager at Pipedrive:
It is a very reasonable initiative from UT and Pipedrive is definitely on board. We and the students both greatly benefit from it - students get the taste of real life in the software industry in a safe and supporting environment and can integrate a big part of their studies with us. For example, our fast-growing and globally scaling startup environment brings forth numerous opportunities for great Master thesis subjects. We, on the other hand, get a pair of fresh and smart eyes, whose input is innovative and can be just the thing that differs us from our competitors.
Participation in the programme is subject to a fee and students are paid a monthly scholarship, which is also being paid during the summer period.
To join the Industrial Masters Programme in IT contact us no later than August 30, 2019, by writing to anastasiia.shevchenko [ät] ut.ee.
Industrial Master's Programme in IT Manager
anastasiia.shevchenko [ät] ut.ee
(+372) 5599 6620