If you are interested in the Industrial Master's Programme in IT, then contact us by using the form below or writing to georg.vann [ät] ut.ee.
Industrial Master's Programme in IT
We are looking for new partners to join the Industrial Master's Programme in IT!
Industrial Master’s Programme in IT is a study format for the Master’s students of the Institute of Computer Science where 50% of the student's studies will take place at a company. The programme allows partner companies to attract a highly motivated student who has been selected through several evaluation rounds.
Students and companies are matched based on mutual interests and research directions. The student’s academic curriculum is tailored to fit the focus areas of the company. Partner company has the opportunity to guide the student to select courses that support the development of the student’s professional and transferable skills. Read more about the programme in our blog.
Companies who have already joined the programme:
Your company is a good fit if your business is in the field of IT or facing digitalisation challenges.
Why should your company join the programme?
- You will be involved in a long-term collaboration with a highly motivated student who has been selected by the Programme Manager.
- An Industrial Master’s student formalises the acquired experience into a Master’s Thesis.
- By the end of the programme, you have an opportunity to hire a trained specialist who has already contributed to your company's development.
- The Industrial Master’s student brings knowledge about the products of other partner companies.
- Our partner companies are marketed as potential employers among the students.
What do we expect from a partner company participating in the programme?
- Practical tasks (approx. 20 hours per week)
- Supervisor (academic degree is not required, but high technical skills are expected)
- Research topic or direction
- Willingness to work with international students
- Motivation to collaborate with the University of Tartu and exploit research-based methods
Marko Nõu, Engineering Manager at Pipedrive:
It is a very reasonable initiative from UT and Pipedrive is definitely on board. We and the students both greatly benefit from it – students get the taste of real life in the software industry in a safe and supporting environment and can integrate a big part of their studies with us. For example, our fast-growing and globally scaling startup environment brings forth numerous opportunities for great Master thesis subjects. We, on the other hand, get a pair of fresh and smart eyes, whose input is innovative and can be just the thing that differs us from our competitors.
The fee for a company to take part in the programme is 1500€ (+VAT) per month, of which the university pays the students a monthly scholarship (including the summer).
To join the Industrial Master’s Programme in IT, contact us by writing to the project manager or filling in the web form below.
Project Manager for Industrial Master's Programme in IT
georg.vann [ät] ut.ee
(+372) 502 7305