"Delta2020" Photo Contest
In January 2020 the University of Tartu opened the new Delta Centre, which consists of an academic and research building and a business building. Now we are announcing Delta’s first photo contest to capture the history and appearance of this unique complex in 2020. Both beginners and professional photographers are invited to send their works. The goal is to have photos of the exterior and the interior of Delta, its impact on the surrounding townscape and, of course, the activities taking place and the people working in the centre.
During the contest four intermediate prizes are granted to images and albums shared on social media. The final judging takes place in January 2021, when the best of the best are selected exclusively from images emailed to the official address of the contest.
The social media competition deadlines are 31 March, 31 May, 30 September and 3 December. The winners of the intermediate prizes are announced within two weeks after the respective deadline.
Winning entries in each category are awarded, and there are special prizes – for example, prizes for social media click magnets or prizes from sponsors who have joined the contest.
The contest is open to photos taken during the year 2020 until 31 December. Entries can be uploaded until 10 January 2021.
- Both professional and amateur photographers are eligible to participate in the main competition and the intermediate competitions on social media, unless they are jury members or involved in organising the contest.
- Each entrant may submit no more than five photos or one photo series in each category.
- The entries must not have a date or text on the image; these may be added separately in the caption. The entries must not be matted or framed. All images must be in .jpg format.
- Each photo must have a title in Estonian or English, preferably in both languages.
- The entrant ensures that accurate information on the authorship of the photo is presented, and is responsible for obtaining permission for public use of the photo from recognisable individuals depicted in the photo.
- Photos can be sent to the main contest all through the year until 10 January 2021 to delta.foto [ät] ut.ee.
- A gallery participating in an intermediate competition needs to be public and shareable. Please use the #UniTartuDeltaPhoto and #UniTartuDelta hashtags to tag images on social media.
- Winners of intermediate prizes on social media are announced in two weeks after the deadline of the intermediate competition.
- Social media photos do not automatically participate in the main contest.
- The organiser has the right to exclude any entries that do not qualify for the contest.
- Winners of the main prizes and winners in each category are announced no later than 29 January 2021, one year after the opening of the Delta Centre.
If you have questions, please contact delta.foto [ät] ut.ee.
Winners of March 31 intermediate prizes.
Winners of May 31 intermediate prizes.
Winners of September 30 intermediate prizes
Organisers and sponsors of the photo contest:
• University of Tartu Institute of Computer Science (Chief Organiser)
• University of Tartu School of Economics and Business Administration
All enterprises and partners are welcome to sponsor special prizes.