Institute of Computer Science awards 2019:
- At the Institute of Computer Science Christmas party 2019, the following awards were given. Prof. Dietmar Pfahl was named Scientist of the Year, Lecturer of the Year is Meelis Kull, Amnir Hadachi was awarded the friend of the entrepreneurship title and Support staff of the Year awards was given to Ülle Holm and Liivi Luik.
- On her 50th anniversary, Kadri Vider was awarded the University of Tartu Badge of Distinction.
- On November 7, IC PerMed recognised Sulev Reisberg's PhD thesis for Best Practice in Personalised Medicine.
- 06.11 our students Tarmo Pungas, Kaarel Vesilind, Carmen Akkermann and Joosep Näks won the world first 24-hour Wikipedia article competition.
- The University of Tartu study committee decided to give this year good teaching grant to Mirjam Paales and Raimond-Hendrik Tunnel.
- Heili Orav was awarded the University Of Tartu Badge Of Distinction for her work at the University of Tartu.
- On the 3rd of April, President Kersti Kaljulaid gave out the young scientist award to our Research Fellow in Computational Neuroscience Jaan Aru.
Professors emeritus and honorary doctorates
- Jüri Kiho since 2007 Professor emeritus, knd juri.kiho [ät] ut.ee
- Mati Tombak since 2007 Professor emeritus, knd, mati.tombak [ät] ut.ee
- Mare Koit since 2014 Professor emeritus, knd, mare.koit [ät] ut.ee
Associate professor emeritus
- Helle Hein since 2019 Associate professor emeritus, PhD (Mathematics), helle.hein [ät] ut.ee
- Rein Prank since 2018 Associate professor emeritus, kn, rein.prank [ät] ut.ee
- Ain Isotamm since 2014 Associate professor emeritus, knd, isotamm [ät] ut.ee
- Professor Reinhard Wilhelm from Saarland University was chosen as an honorary doctorate of computer science at University of Tartu and Estonia for outstanding achievements in science and contribution to development of computer science