Institute of Computer Science awards 2017:
The best teaching staff nominated by the students of the Faculty:
Computer Science students: Mark Fišel
Conversion Master in IT students: Anne Villems
Software Engineering students: Marlon Dumas
Cybersecurity ( joint curriculum with TTU ) students: Arnis Paršovs
Computer Science students: Raul Vicente Zafra
Computer Science Master's student Joonas Lõmps took part in an international conference at the end of January. The conference called "Multimedia, Scientific Information and Visualization for Information Systems and Metrics" was held in Spain and Joonas was awarded with the best research award for his work on visual computer recognition of Japanese handwritten hieroglyphs.
Our Specialist for clerical procedures Natali Belinska was awarded with the UT badge of distinction.
Prof Marlon Dumas was awarded with the best national research award in technical sciences for "Foundations of Process Mining".
PhD Student Oleg Šelajev won the best paper award at the 12th International Conference on Software Technologies (ICSOFT 2017) for his paper "Using Runtime State Analysis to Decide Applicability of Dynamic Software Updates".
Senior Researcher Fabrizio Maggi and Prof. Marlon Dumas won the Best Paper Award at the International Conference on Rules and Reasoning (RuleML+RR) for their paper "Semantic DMN: Formalizing Decision Models with Domain Knowledge".
PhD student Ilya Verenich with his supervisor Marlon Dumas, won the best paper award at the International Conference on Software and System Processes (ICSSP 2017) for their paper "White-box prediction of process performance indicators via flow analysis"
Professors emeritus and honorary doctorates
- Jüri Kiho since 2007 Professor emeritus, knd juri.kiho [ät] ut.ee
- Mati Tombak since 2007 Professor emeritus, knd, mati.tombak [ät] ut.ee
- Mare Koit since 2014 Professor emeritus, knd, mare.koit [ät] ut.ee
Associate professor emeritus
- Ain Isotamm since 2014 Associate professor emeritus, knd, isotamm [ät] ut.ee
- Professor Reinhard Wilhelm from Saarland University was chosen as an honorary doctorate of computer science at University of Tartu and Estonia for outstanding achievements in science and contribution to development of computer science