Institute of Computer Science awards 2018:
- Ljubov Jaanuska, Jaan Janno and Piret Luik were included in 10 best lecturers in the Science and Technology faculty for the 2018 University of Tartu lecturer of the year award. www.ut.ee
- On November 22, the Information Technology Foundation for Education (HITSA) and Estonian Association of Information Technology and Telecommunications (ITL) announced the Ustus Agur scholarship recipient. The scholarship was awarded to PhD student Dmytro Fishman from the Institute of Computer Science at the University of Tartu. The topic of his thesis is "Data integration and mining in bioinformatics". www.hitsa.ee
- Three teams from University of Tartu participated in the Nordic Collegiate Programming Contest. In total there were 140 teams and team Double Cycle Cover(members: Oliver Nisumaa, Tähvend Uustalu,Martin Širokov) from University of Tartu accomplished 11th place. 15th place went to team deeply biconnected (members: Andres Undi and Rando Tõnso). Third team from University of Tartu received 103rd place (members: Valeh Farzaliyev, Turkhan Badalov and Nikita Trykunov) www.cs.ut.ee
- Marina Lepp received the good teaching grant 2018 by the UT academic affairs committee.
- Assoc Prof Vitaly Skackek’s talk was selected as the best talk in „Security and Channel Coding“ area at the workshop „Professor’s Day“ on May 28th 2018 organized by Huawei company in St. Petersburg, Russia .
- On 6th of April president Kersti Kaljulaid gave out the young scientist award and young IT-scientist special award. Leopold Parts received the young scientist award and Mark Fišel received the young IT-scientist special award. www.blog.cs.ut.ee
- Faculty of Science and Technology acknowledged its best lecturers. Best lecturers 2017 of the Institute of Computer Science are Eno Tõnisson, Marlon Dumas and Vambola Leping.