- Lecturer of the Year: Helle Hein
- Researcher of the Year: Fabrizio Maria Maggi
- Award for long-term advancements in IT: Rein Prank
- Accomplisher of the year: Prof Varmo Vene
- Our students, Anti Ingel and Kaspar Märtens won the students' science competition held by the Estonian Academy of Sciences.
- Taavi Kotka was recognized as a laureate for "Silmapaistev Noor Eestlane 2015".
- The winner of Skype University Hackathon 2015 is TripMatch with our students Andriy Bondarenko, Ostap Maliuvanchuk, Yevhenii Sabanin and Rodion Kryuchkov. The team also won the People's choice award
- Awards from this year's BPM Conference (http://bpm2015.q-e.at/): our students Anna Leontyeva, Karl-Oskar Masing and Irene Teinemaa won the Business Process Intelligence Challenge (BPIC), while Senior Research Fellow of Software Engineering Fabrizio Maggi won best paper. Pictured below is Professor of Software Engineering Marlon Dumas who won the test of time award for a paper published at the conference in 2005.
- Based on the feedback in ÕIS students named Eno Tõnisson one of the best lecturers in the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Dietmar Pfahl, Associate Professor in Software Engineering, has been elevated to the grade of Senior Member of the IEEE. Senior Member is the highest professional grade of the IEEE for which a member may apply. It requires experience, and reflects professional accomplishment and maturity.
- The Institute's Vice-Head Prof Varmo Vene received UT's Badge of Distinction on February 20.
- ICS alumni Kristo Käärmann (Transferwise) and Dan Bogdanov (Sharemind) received honorary decorations from the President of Estonia for services in the advancement of the business and IT sectors.