ICS Day 2015 will be held on October 16
The ICS Day is a perfect opportunity to gather information about the possibilities offered for Bachelor’s and Master’s students of the Institute of Computer Science who are looking for a subject for their final thesis.
On Friday, October 16, 2015 at 2:15 p.m. the Institute of Computer Science (ICS) will open its doors for its students as well as other interested parties to introduce the research carried out by the Institute.
The ICS Day will start with the overview of the activities and research areas of the ICS after which the students will have the opportunity to get thoroughly acquainted with the research groups and study areas that seem the most interesting to them.
During that day each research group will introduce its activities and subjects in three occasions. This means that each student can participate in presentations of up to three research groups. After the presentations all research groups will open their doors to all interested parties and students will be able to get acquainted with the work of the research groups whose presentations they missed.
14:15-14:30 Introductory lecture r111 - prof. J.Vilo
14:45-15:10 1st round of research groups' introductions (in Est/Eng)
15:15-15:40 2nd round of research groups' introductions (in Est/Eng)
15:45-16:10 3rd round of research groups' introductions (in Est/Eng)
16:10 Open doors for questions and discussions
Preliminary division of research groups` rooms:
- Bioinformatics & data Mining - 314
- Distributed Systems - 311
- Mobile & Cloud Lab - 311
- Language Technology - 4th floor student lounge
- Theory & Cryptography - 317
- Algorithms & Theory - 317
- Coding & Information Transmission - 317
- Software Engineering - 315
- Programming Languages & Systems - on 4th floor in front of the stairs
- Educational Software - 304
- School Robotics - on 3rd floor in front of the stairs
- Neuroscience- 1st floor student lounge, in front of the room 122
- Computer Graphics & Virtual Reality - on 3rd floor in front of the elevators
- Intelligent Computer Vision - on 4th floor in front of the elevators